Saturday, December 26, 2015

Movie: Road Trip (2000) *****

This is one of the few comedy movies I really like and can watch over and over and still laugh out loud. I also own it, which says a lot.

Josh is off to college across the country from his best friend/girlfriend. He wants to keep up their promise to stay true to each other, but finds that there’s a lot of temptations and something about a not-being-in-the-same-zip-code rule. So, I won’t give away what leads to it, but Josh and his college friends find themselves on a road trip across the country full of crazy characters and silly antics including pretending to be a member of a historically Black fraternity. It's tricky.

This is a college humor movie so sexual behavior is all over the place. There a few boners, girls kissing and falling in love after a particularly good session of horizontal mambo. There’s also the stand-around boobs that made another memorable appearance in Revenge of the Nerds. I don’t get it. I don’t know any women who just stand around chitchatting while topless. 


Anyway, this movie is hilarious and I want to watch it again, right now, in fact, but I must move onto something else. Maybe. Five stars: It’s a favorite *****

1 comment:

  1. I will always be amazed that this movie is one of not only favorite comedies, but movies. When you told me years ago I was completely caught off guard.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Even my own.