Sunday, September 6, 2026

Movie: Roofman (2026)

 I was kind of excited for this movie because I listened to an episode of the Criminal podcast and heard about this story. It was funny, and tragic, and interesting. This movie doesn’t live up to that story. 

Roofman is supposed to be a comedy based in a great story . There’s an amazing cast attached. There is great potential, but it was wasted on the final product. 

This movie was bland. It happened. There was little emotion. Even the coloring (it has a tungsten tint) contributed to its dull feel. 

It was quite disappointing seeing the waste of Lakeith Standield and Juno Temple. And were they trying to make Peter Dinklage look average-sized?! Awkward.

I think with better editing the emotion and comedy could have been helped and the relationships wouldn’t have felt so rushed. They also missed out on the potential to expand about Roofman’s military skills. 

This was done by the same director that did Blue Valentine, which explains the sad, dull feeling. 

I watched this on a DVD checked out from my local public library in June 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Even my own.