Sunday, September 20, 2015

Movie: Mr Turner (2014) **

I wanted to watch this movie with last year's batch of Oscar hopefuls and I finally got it through the library. Not impressed. It was rather vanilla.

Timothy Spall plays the great British artist J. M. W. Turner in this biopic that covers the last 26 years of his life. He wasn't the best of people and only maintained two quality relationships, that between him and his father and also a relationship that developed with a landlady he would visit when he was scouting vistas to paint.

The film was beautifully shot, and at times, some of the panning scenes looked as if they were paintings.
Spall was tranformed in the role with an amazing amount of grunting. I watched the movie with captions on and reading the transcription of his grunts was quite entertaining.

I'm giving this two stars ** because I don't ever want to watch it again, and although I thought the cinematography was pretty good, nothing else stood out. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2473794/

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Even my own.