Saturday, October 31, 2015

TV: Ray Donovan Season 3 (2015) ***

Finally finished watching season 3 and what an emotional rollercoaster it was. I'm happy I dragged watching this season out over months because it was intense! I was poking a blame finger and yelling at different characters all over the place!
At the beginning, it seemed as if things were being repaired between Ray and his wife and children, but , don't you worry, that all falls apart not too long into the season. It's a whole series of can't-keep-in-your-pants, second-nature-lying, undercover priests, listening-to-teenage-logic and moving dead bodies around like pieces on a checker board.

I like this show. I like how it has grown increasingly complex and equally interesting. Ray Donavan started off almost a little too milktoast-ish, about a guy who knows how to take care of rich-people problems and his spoiled family. But then the complexities began being sprinkled in, like the relationship with his father, the priest sex abuse and Ray's attracted-to-shiny-objects penis. Things have only gotten more complicated as the show progressed to a season 3.

Looking forward to a season 4.


I give Season 3 a tentative three stars ***. I know I liked it, but I'll see over time if this is something I can enjoy watching over and over, again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Even my own.