Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Movie: The Big Short (2015)**

The Big Short is an interestingly-styled glance back at recent history.

What happens: The telling of how three different groups/individuals discovered the housing bubble, predicted it would burst, and then find a way to make gains instead of suffer losses. This was based on actual people and events.

There's a lot of fourth-wall-breaking and celebrity-cameo-sidebars to explain technical terminology.

I think some people are still surprised when they see Steve Carell playing a non-comedic role. He obviously knows what he's doing with serious characters, so there shouldn't be any special attention paid just because he's not trying to make you laugh.

Felt like Wolf of Wall Street (2013).

I thought it was interesting, but I don't think I ever have to see it, again. Therefore I give The Big Short**

Oscars:
Best Writing - Adapted Screenplay


1 comment:

  1. Comedians or people known for comedy tend to play dramatic roles pretty well. I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I thought I would considering the cast. Too much flash to attempt to explain a complex subject.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Even my own.