Friday, March 4, 2016

Movie: Steve Jobs (2015)****

Felt like: Closer (20014) and Birdman (2014)

Steve Jobs was filmed like a play done in three acts, showing the eponym and the most important people in his life as they prepare for three of his product launches. I enjoyed the camerawork as it felt like a single-shot as they followed Fassbender and the rest of the cast. The segues between acts were smooth and managed to make the audience aware of the change in time without being jarred.

I think the relationships that I paid the most attention to were the ones between Jobs and his colleagues: Wozniak (Seth Rogan) and Hertzfeld (Michael Stuhlbarg). If what was on-screen was true, they stuck by his side, although at arm's length, through a lot of his bullshit.

A-ha! It's a Sorkin work. No wonder I like the dialogue.

Best scene: When Joanna finally has her fill of Jobs, and starts yelling and throwing around papers, threatening to quit. Not too long after, it finally clicks in Jobs head what is important.

I gave this movie four stars**** because I want to see it, again, and I thought it was a really well-done film.

Golden Globes:
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Best Screenplay - Motion Picture

I watched a screener of this movie.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a film that I'll be watching again. More people should have been talking about how good this was.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Even my own.