Saturday, March 12, 2016

TV: Guilty Pleasures (2011)***

I don't think I've posted about my TV sleeping before, but here's a brief: I sleep with my TV on. I know it is not healthy, but it helps my mind stay off of the things I don't want to think about and focus on interesting and sometimes mindless content.

If you sleep with your TV on, you often wake up with your TV on and find yourself watching whatever is on the screen because who wants to reach out and find the remote when you're all snuggly and warm. So, this week, I woke up and PBS's World channel was showing some good documentaries. The one I can remember was Guilty Pleasures, a vignette-style documentary featuring different people who are all related somehow to Harlequin romance novels, from reader to writer to cover model.  

It was quite interesting and ironic since, only the night before, a neighbor put a pile of paperbacks on the curb and I found a rare Susan Elizabeth Phillips amongst them. SEP books are a rare find as her readers hardly ever give their copies away. I never see them thrift stores, library book sales or curb piles... and I look. 

Anyway, Guilty Pleasures gets three stars*** because I liked it, could definitely watch it again, and I recommend it people who like anthropological documentaries.

I watched this doc on broadcast TV.

Enjoy this trailer and link if you want to read about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Even my own.